Apply online: The Academy uses an online submission platform called Ravenna. Parents will need to establish an account. It’s quick, easy, and there are detailed instructions for your application to The Academy. If you choose to apply online, you will be able to submit all of your components through Ravenna.
If you do not want to apply online, The Academy will also accept application components through the mail or email:
1. Review our website to learn about The Academy’s educational approach and practice.
2. Attend an upcoming Open House (optional).
3. Call 510.549.0605 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and arrange for a tour. We host tours on weekday mornings, by appointment.
4. Download an application. You can also obtain one at the school.
5. Submit the completed application by mail or in person with a check for the $50 application fee, or pay the fee online here through PayPal.
6. Ask your child’s teachers to complete the EBISA 1-8 grade teacher recommendation or EBISA Kindergarten teacher recommendation. Please have these forms sent directly to The Academy by mail or email. Materials sent by email should be directed to email@example.com.
7. Send grade reports from the previous year and the most recent semester (when available) to The Academy. Students applying for grades 4-8 should also submit their most recent standardized test scores. Unofficial copies of transcripts and test scores are acceptable.
8. Schedule a visit and assessment.
For students applying to kindergarten, these assessments will involve a visit to our school and a twenty-minute session with Ember Crippen, our kindergarten instructor.
Students applying to first grade will spend the morning (8:30-11:30 AM) with our current kindergarten class.
Students applying to grades 2-8 will spend a full day (8:30 AM – 3:00 PM) with their current grade level. E.g. students applying to fifth grade will spend the day with our current fourth grade (their potential classmates).
9. In accordance with EBISA guidelines, applications to The Academy are due January 19. With availability we are happy to accept application materials after that date. Please don’t hesitate to call 510.549.0605 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
It is our strong preference that students applying for kindergarten placement turn five on or before October 1.
The Academy admits students and welcomes families of all backgrounds. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational or admissions policies and programs.